REMEMBERING THE VICTIMS OF THE HOLODOMOR
Saturday, 24 November, will mark the anniversary of the Ukrainian Holodomor, or the famine, of 1932–33, and it will be the day that Ukrainians around the world will remember the victims of the Ukrainian genocide of that era. This was the most extensive and heinous crime the totalitarian Soviet regime perpetrated against Ukrainians and the Ukrainian nation. An attempt to subdue the nation 80 years ago destroyed its national spirit. Soviet authorities brutally eliminated millions of innocent Ukrainians, causing irreparable harm to the social fabric of the country and its society, spiritual culture and ethnic identity.
In commemoration of the 80th official anniversary of the Holodomor of 1932–33 the Congress and the Ukrainian diaspora around the world will remember this tragic historical event and mark the anniversary on this Saturday with memorial services, community vigils and other commemorative events:
remember the victims by pausing for a moment of silence at 16:00 local time,
light candles of remembrance in homes,
participate in local commemorations and memorial services.
May the memory of the victims of the “Holodomor” genocide be eternal.
photos from http://tap-the-talent.blogspot.com
- barrryfan likes this
- above-the-ocean reblogged this from christianicon
- olfrost likes this
- gil48 reblogged this from anibal1948
- cathe-kurosaki reblogged this from sestreucrania
- litty25 reblogged this from mol-ezquizotipico
- litty25 likes this
- mol-ezquizotipico reblogged this from sestreucrania
- sestreucrania reblogged this from christianicon
- wishonpennies reblogged this from christianicon
- danseursarethefolk likes this
- cloverbot9000 likes this
- the-waiting-the-rejoicing reblogged this from christianicon
- the-waiting-the-rejoicing likes this
- n-t-t likes this
- christianicon posted this